Everything is healthy in moderation
Eating one thing that is deemed ‘healthy’ does not in turn make you ‘healthy’. Just like one workout will not make you thin and one piece of cake will not make you fat.
Eating a balanced diet of 80% whole, nutritious foods (think foods NOT in a packet or packaged) with 20% treat yo’self type foods.
One of my favorite snack and meal prep meals has to be these caramel muffins. You can make a HUGE batch, the whole family will LOVE them and you can FREEZE them. They are the ultimate meal prep snack.
Prep time: 10mins
Cooking time: 25mins
Nutrition: 21g Carb / 6g Fat / 5g Protein
Serving size = 1
What you will need:
- 225g Buckwheat flour
- 3 full eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 overly ripe banana
- 1 peeled apple, cored and chopped into small pieces
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup coconut or almond milk (I prefer the coco almond unsweetened milk blend)
- 100g of 75% dark chocolate
- Flavored stevia drops – I use caramel or hazelnut. You can get these from the health food store
- Muffin baking dish coated in cocnut oil so the muffins don’t stick
Heat the oven to 190
Mash the banana. Add the buckwheat flour, eggs, cinnamon, stevia drops (2 squirts), baking powder, milk, apple, chocolate and mix well.
Bake in oven for approximately 25min (but check them at 20min – I’ve burnt many a muffin).
Allow to cool, and let the family enjoy. Freeze the rest for a rainy day.
Health & Fitness Coach #ROMFIT